Granada

Granada

20 September 2010

Hoy estaba muy chulo!

Today was great. I am writing this in a slightly tipsy state thanks to some very good Spanish wine. We are approaching the area where they make the famous Rioja wine, and this expertise is rubbing off on the surrounding areas. We (the gangsta womens gang) had a nice picknick just now in the garden of the pilgrims Auberge in Puenta la Reina with some other pilgrims we knew from the previous days, enjoying manchego cheese, fresh tomatoes and olives (and wine of course). Puente la reina is just as lovely as most other Spanish mountain towns; lots of churches (of course), a mideaval bridge, and cobly stoned streets filled with limping pilgrims. Haha, everyone around us seems as stiff as we are, except for the hardened die hards that have either walked the Camino x times or have run up and down mountains at home to train.
Today, our group started rather optimistic. In my case, my heels had managed to heal a bit overnight so i could wear my boots without too much trouble. i didn´t have much sleep though; perhaps you remember me mentioning a very loud snorer on the second night about whom  I was glad to be sleeping at the very other end of the room. Well, this night, he was sleeping...in the bunk above me. My god, they should brand this guy on his forehead and prohibit him to sleep anywhere near other people within a distance of 100 meters. Really, this guy has a masters degree in snoring: I believe I could feel the bed vibrating. Every three minutes or so he would snore himself awake, only to noisy twist and turn a bit to start over the process. Honestly, this should be forbidden! They should make a sound proof snorers room where all the elephants can go and start a snoring band. Besides the snoring, i am suffering from having such tasty blood. I know i should be grateful for being loved, I just wish it wasn´t by musquitos! They are shameless: they even got me on the cheeck. Not extremely contributive to impress the sexy male pilgrims around me. Not that there are much; the few tasty individuals we have already spotted during the past few days, but we seem to be scaring them away with our wit, intelligence, charm, and good looks (i understand this can be a somewhat intimidating combination, but come on, you were born with balls, right?!! Although my latest personal experience before coming to the Camino has seriously made me doubt this myth that men are born with balls .. !!...!!). Anyway, especially M and I are having some good fun making up stories about how to corner our victims this time, hehe. Our womens gang is great. It´s just cool to be able to share all our physical pain and the rest of the journey together. No strings attached though; everyone is free to go their own way or seek solitude for a bit.   

Although today it were my foot soles that hurt like hell for the last two hours, I feel my legs are slowly growing stronger. My blisters have somewhat returned but the woman from yesterdat gave me the the needle to drain the fluid so i will do this tomorrow I guess since it seemed to work. Tomorrow another 20 km ahead to a town called Estrella. If everything is going to plan we will enjoy dinner with the italians and japanese guy from today (the plan is that they will do the cooking haha). Damn, I just wish these musquitos would leave me alone, or my skin will look like some weird dune-landscape very soon.

So, the journey is getting more fun and interesting as the days pass. The weather today was awesome again; about 24 degrees, clear, clear blue sky and a slight cool breeze. This is definitly the perfect season to do it, although tomorrow it might rain again, which is actually good because my tan is on the border of looking like the regular sun burnt west european tourist.

People, I believe the lights have already gone out in my dorm and I need to start looking for my pyjamas, do the dreadfull brushing of the teeth routine and try and get some sleep because tomorrow will be a busy day again.

Ugh, a moth just landed on my keyboard. it is The Spirit saying i should get soem sleep.
Haha, scared you for a moment huh; almost sounded like becoming a twisted, meditating, "spiritual" individual no? No need to worry; I´m still not flexible enough to sit crossed legged for more than 10 minutes and am too tired to think about God and stuff.

Internet running out!

Grandes besos!

No comments: